Paid opportunity to collaborate with world-renowned juggling and movement company, Gandini Juggling, and The Royal Ballet Studio Programme.
We are looking for 2 male ballet dancers to join the creative team for rehearsals leading up to a 60 minute production of ‘4 x 4 Ephemeral Architectures’. The project is choreographed by Royal Ballet Dancer Ludovic Ondiviela
This may involve some international travel.
During the past 20 years, the Gandinis have performed over 5,000 shows in 40 countries and are in constant worldwide demand for their virtuoso juggling and breathtaking choreography.
Led by Artistic Directors Sean Gandini and Kati Ylä-Hokkala, Gandini Juggling are regarded as leading innovators in dance/juggling having created numerous critically acclaimed shows including Smashed; currently playing at Udderbelly Festival at Southbank Centre.
‘4 x 4’ is a collaboration between two worlds; Ballet and Juggling.
The Artistic Directors are looking for 2 male Dancers to participate in rehearsals and performances of ‘4×4’.
- Be aged 18+
- Have strong Ballet Technique.
- Be comfortable speaking and be willing to use their voice
- Be comfortable working in a contemporary theatre environment.
- Be available for the rehearsal dates listed below.
Rehearsals and Performances will be (all dates will be paid above Equity minimum):
- June 16th – 20th and 23rd – 27th
- July 14th – 19th
- August 4th – 10th
- September 1st – 17th
- November 17th – 30th
- Late December (around performers availability)
- January5th to 20th (UK PREVIEWS AND PERFORMANCES)
- March 25th – 28th tbc (FRENCH PREMIERE)
Monday 19th May 2014 // 2pm – 6pm
STD2 Dance Studios, 346 Old Street, London EC1V 9NQ
For further details and to register for the audition, please forward your CV and headshot to: email@example.com
Trailer for the initial research